Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ruchi Gupta Varshneya (98BMD) completes Philadelphia Marathon

Ruchi Gupta Varshneya had written in 2 months ago about preparing for the full marathon and requesting encouragement, prayers and support.


Ruchi was motivated to run the marathon to contribute to the cause of Asha for Education

For someone who had never trained as a runner and a mother of twins, the training was long and hard, but Ruchi says that it was her commitment to the cause that helped her see it through. Running the half marathon in New Jersey on 5th October and the Full marathon in Philadelphia on 23rd November.

Ruchi did not forget those who had supported her endeavor and I received this lovely note from her, a day after the marathon:

Hi Kim,
Hope the note finds you well. I wanted to let you know that I completed the Philadelphia marathon this Sunday. It took me all of 5:30 hours, however I finished strong with a smile. Thanks much for your support to the cause.I also surpassed my fund raising goal. All the encouragement from friends like you was much needed and constantly replayed in my mind between mile 20 -25!.
All the effort will be worth it if it contributes to some under-privileged girls getting education and brighter future.
Thanks for trusting me
Ruchi


Way to go Ruchi! We are proud of your achievement!

No comments:

Post a Comment