Friday, July 21, 2006

XL Canada - KNV (BMD 90) remembers the early days

It has been a tremendously satisfying and joyous experience for me as the owner/moderator of the XLCANADA egroup since the day I formed it way back in June 2001. I have seen alumni circle in Toronto grow from just three of us meeting
for the first time in 1998: Fred Devas, Munawar Kassim and myself (KNV)) - we met with our families to greet and meet over lunch Prof Venkat Krishnan who was visiting Canada/Toronto.

When I landed in Toronto from Hong Kong way back in 1996, it was sheer eagerness to meet Xllers in far away lands, that I had scribbled the contact tel nos of a few alumni from the printed XLRI alumni directory of the pre-internet days.

Then one day in 1998 I received a call from one Prof Venkat Krishnan saying he would like to meet some alumni in Toronto! So I called these few numbers on hand and Fred and Munawar came to join in a very memorable lunch. Srini (now in US west coast) was also a part of the first meeting we had at Mississauga in June 1998 with the visiting Prof Venkat Krishnan. Since then we have grown in size to over 30 alumni in the GTA and about 40 in Canada as a whole.

May the XLCanada egroup and the XLCanada Alumni Chapter grow further and scale greater heights with some inspired spport from Alok, Arvinder, Suresh,Tanweer, Niraj Dawar and others.

KNV
K N Venkataraman (BMD 1990)
Deustche Bank AG
New York

No comments:

Post a Comment